- This event has passed.
Earth Day & Recycling Extravaganza April 22 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join the Glen Ellyn Park District, Library, Environmental Commission and local businesses for a morning of activities celebrating Earth Day. The Annual Recycling Extravaganza will take place in the western half of the Duane/Lorraine parking lot from 9:00am-1pm. In the eastern half of the parking lot, local vendors and groups will showcase their services and goods. Pick up some native plants or a rain barrel. At 10:00am, the Library will offer a presentation on native plants and children are invited to participate in earthy craft activities.
Event Location: Duane/Lorraine Parking Lot in Glen Ellyn
Schedule of Events
- Annual Recycling Extravaganza
View the full list of accepted items. Note: There is no electronics recycling this year.
- Local Earth-Friendly Vendors & Groups
- Live Acoustic Music (see Music Performer Schedule below)
- Native Plant Sale
- Rain Barrel Sale (pre-order for pick-up at the event here)
- Help Paint a Mural for Glen Ellyn’s Sister City Market Francais
- Volt on Display from Haggerty Chevrolet
- Food & Drinks Available for Purchase
Euro Crepes, Heavenly Hot Dogs, Javi’s Burritos, and Tea Canal and Coffee
10am-1pm: Drop-in Crafts for Kids with the Glen Ellyn Public Library
10am: “Native Plants for All Seasons” Presented by the Glen Ellyn Public Library
11-11:30am: Children’s Story Time with the Glen Ellyn Public Library
Music Performer Schedule
- 9am-9:40am: Dave Glynn and Rich Van Ham of the Empty Can Band (Americana)
- 9:45am-10:25am: Donna Herula (Blues)
- 10:30am-11:10am: The GrassHoppers (Bluegrass)
- 12:15am-12pm: Dean Milano (Folk)
- 12:05pm-12:55pm: Ashley & Simpson (Folk)
PHOTO RELEASE: The Glen Ellyn Park District takes photographs or video of participants promoting our programs, services, events, activities, and facilities in our brochures, website or agency social media, etc. By participating in or attending any Glen Ellyn Park District activities the participant (or parent/guardian of a minor participant) agrees to the use and distribution of his or her image (or image of a minor child/ward) in photographs, video recordings, and any other electronic reproductions of such activities for any purpose without inspection, compensation, or any other consideration now and in the future.