Located within Newton Park, our community skate park is well-suited for skateboard enthusiasts of all levels and is completely free to use. The 80’ by 160’ area features a variety of ramps, platforms, and obstacles that make practicing tricks fun and easy. The park is open in between mid-May and October from 9 am until dusk, weather permitting. Though unsupervised, helmets are mandatory in the skate park.
- 3’ Hipped Bank
- 1’ HUD Box
- 14” Round Ground Grind Rail
- 4’ Quarter Bank
- 5’ Mini Ramp
- 5’ Trani-Bank
- 5’ Quarter Pipe
- 6’ Roll-In
- 2’-6’ Base Box with Rail
- 3’ Launch with Planter
- 5’ Hipped Quarter Bowl
- 6’ Quarter Pipe
Skate Park Rules
The Skate Park is unsupervised and participants skate at their own risk. In-line skating and skateboarding are high risk activities with inherent risks of serious injury.
- Only skateboards and rollerblades allowed in the skate park. No bicycles allowed.
- Do not use equipment if broken or wet.
- Skaters are responsible for inspecting equipment prior to use to ensure that it has not been vandalized and is safe for skating.
- It is recommended that proper protective equipment such as helmets, elbow pads, knee pads, and wrist guards be used during skating activities.
- No personally owned ramps, boxes or other devices may be brought into the skating facility.
- Glass objects and containers are not allowed in the skating area.
- No alcohol, drugs or tobacco products are allowed.
- All participants will refrain from acting in any manor which may cause or contribute to death or injury of themselves or other persons.
- All participants will act within the limits of their ability and the purpse of the equipment used.
- Participants only inside the facility.
- Profanity, fighting or any disorderly conduct will result in expulsion from the Skate Park.
- Graffiti of any kind is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to: stickers, markers or spray paining equipment.
- All participants will maintain control of their equipment while skating.
- Climbing fence to gain access is strictly prohibited. Violators are subject to arrest.
- In the event of Skate Park rules not being followed, the Glen Ellyn Park District may elect to
temporarily or permentently close the park.
- Park will be closed during inclement weather.
- Report any damage or vandalism to 630-858-6037
- For emergencies, dial 911.